Friday, February 20, 2009

Balance your mobile...

Today I was talking to someone about how crazy life is and how out of balance I feel. Imagine it like a baby's mobile, with some objects like bricks, really pulling things down, and other objects way at the top, barely getting any attention. We were talking about how to balance that mobile out a little bit more and I kept going back to faith. Scripture. Discipleship. Among other things, I continuously struggle against my desire for instant gratification. If I want it, I want it N-O-W. So, in looking up scripture regarding contentment, I came across the following:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" Proverbs 3:5-6

I need to remind myself to trust in the Lord with all my heart. It's the rational thinking I need to fall back on when things are out of balance. I want to be earnestly following the Lord and that journey begins by remembering that God will lead me in the right direction. I just need to be obedient. 

In peace and love,
Ashleigh

No comments: