Sunday, October 25, 2009

Slowing Down

Over the last couple of weeks God has really opened my eyes to my desperate need to s-l-o-w d-o-w-n. I've always been someone who is looking for the next step. I make plans constantly and am always daydreaming about what life will be like in a couple of weeks, months, years. But lately, God has given me these amazing opportunities, in the most random of situations (driving home from church; outside with the dog; etc.) to realize how happy Andy and I are here in Cedar Falls. After two and a half years of homesickness and longing to get back home, it's actually feeling a lot like home here in Iowa. I couldn't be more thankful and am blessed that God would grant me this peace. It feels nice to be content.

"Godliness with contentment is great gain." 1 Timothy 6:6

No comments: