Thursday, January 7, 2010

2009 Leaves and 2010 Begins!

Well, I can't believe it's literally been months since we updated our blog. The semesters continue to get quicker and quicker! As for a quick update on the end of the fall semester, my mom and stepdad visited us for Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful time, ate a ton of delicious food, and got to show family around town. Their visit was short, but very appreciated. Then, for winter break we headed to Andy's family first and had a wonderful trip spending time with family and friends. It was so good to have a full week there! After that we headed to my family's for a week for yet more visiting and relaxing before heading back to up here. We were proud to finally get the "vacation" part down for this trip and really did spend a lot of time relaxing, catching up, taking it easy, etc. We couldn't have asked for a better winter break! And, to top off the vacation, as soon as we got home, we received our new living room furniture!




We're both looking forward to the promises of 2010! Our only resolution together is to eat out only for celebrations (graduation; birthdays). As we continue learning self-discipline and good stewardship, we want to make sure we're intentional about how we use the provisions God has provided! My own resolution is to just take the pressure off and enjoy the moments more. I'm so thankful for all that God has given me; this year, I want to spend more time appreciating all my blessings and less time worrying about things I cannot control; things I don't have...I want to be more gracious and thankful.

Andy is set to graduate this May, having only 6 credit hours to complete this semester. That reality finally set in as we were driving back up here, when he would occasionally announce to me and Spike that he "only had six hours to graduate". Fortunately, we never got tired of sharing in Andy's excitement! I'm so proud of him and can't want to see him walk across the stage in May!

As we look back at 2009 we can't forget some of the struggles we faced, both individually and with our families. However, despite the hard times, one thing is certain; our faith in God has grown exponentially this year. We're so thankful for His grace and mercy; that He would draw us near we need it the most.

Dear Lord, thank you for our innumerable blessings. Enable us to keep you at the forefront of our thoughts, decisions, discussions, and actions. Let everything we say and everything we do bring glory to You.

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Leigh, what a blessing you and Andy's attitudes about Christ and how He is working in your lives are! I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful break, that your vacation was full of welcomed relaxation and that your eyes are on God as we go in to 2010! And of course, I am happy you've finally posted - the disappointment of signing on regularly to no new news from Iowa was beginning to break this little heart of mine :)! LOVE.

The Crowes said...

The only downfall of vacation was that I didn't get to see you...