Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fake Out Dessert

I wish I were a fabulous baker. Unfortunately, I'm not...yet. In the meantime, I love to make great "fake out" desserts. Sweet treats that are delicious but do not take any level of skill to prepare. My latest is what I'm calling an Out of the Trifle Bowl Trifle.




Ingredients:
1 angel food cake loaf
1 package strawberries (thinly sliced and put in a bowl with some sugar to sweeten)
heavy whipping cream
vanilla extract
confectioners sugar





For the whipped cream, just pour the container of heavy whipping cream in a bowl, with some confectioners sugar and vanilla extract and with electric beaters, beat on high until you get delicious whipped cream.



Cut the angel food cake loaf into three even sections and drizzle each section with a bit of vanilla extract. Then layer away! On the bottom layer I did whipped cream, strawberries, whipped cream and then put the second layer of cake on. Same layering on the second layer and then topped that with the top of the angel food cake loaf. I put it in the freezer for a bit to set, because the filling was falling out of the sides. It may not be the most beautiful thing you've ever seen, but it was DELICIOUS!


No comments: