Sunday, July 17, 2011

Christina's delicious dessert




The one and only Christina Ramsey made this dessert for an RLC function years ago and I begged her for the recipe but this weekend was the first time I've ever tried it. It was delicious and super easy to make :-)

6 cups frozen mixed berries - about two bags
1/2 cup sugar
1 TBSP corn starch
Double batch of Bisquick
3/4 cup sugar for top of dessert

Make the double batch of Bisquick according to directions, but add 3 more TBSP milk. Put berries and 1/2 cup sugar in pot on stove on medium heat. Add 1 TBSP cornstarch and bring to a boil, then move back down to medium for 6-8 minutes. Place the berries in a 10X12 or 9X13 pan. Drop Bisquick mixture onto berries by the spoonful. Sprinkle 3/4 cup sugar over topping. Bake according to Bisquick instructions (I had to back about 20 minutes on 450 degrees). I served it warm with ice cream on the side. So scrumptious! The only thing I would do different next time...I might try to roll the dough out so it lays over the berries better resembling a crust. But dropping them on worked just fine!

1 comment:

Sara Galm said...

Stop posting these delicious looking recipes! I want to eat them all, but my pants don't think thats a good idea!