Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." Ephesians 4:29-5:2

This year I'm using Lent as an opportunity to "give up" gossiping/talking negatively about other people and situations. When I told Andy he said "you can't give that up for Lent. That's just something you're supposed to NOT do anyway...". Yes, I know. After having reflected on the meaning of Lent and in an effort to become more Christ-like and with God's grace revealing that this is an area I need to work on, here's where I landed. What's always so humbling about God is that after choosing this for myself (as if I really did it on my own, haha), I was reading something that I thought was unrelated to my Lent decision and the scripture above was included in the article. It struck me immediately.

Thank you, Lord, for showing us the way and always providing all the tools we need.

No comments: