Friday, June 4, 2010

Another new home...

Well, it's official. Andy, Spike, and I are moving to Wisconsin! Andy recently received a promotion with Sofa Mart and starts at the Green Bay store later this month. Earlier this week, we went up to WI to search for a place to live. After seeing lots of apartments, we went with the first one we saw. It reminded me of shopping for my wedding dress. I went to the store with a picture of the dress I had chosen from online...after trying on five dresses total, I went with the one from my original picture. Same with this apartment. We had this one in mind when we headed north and, as we were heading back to Iowa, we got the news that the apartment was ours! It was a nice ending to a quick but fun trip. While we were in Green Bay, we got to see Lambeau Field, downtown Green Bay, Bay Beach Amusement Park, and of course, Andy's work.

If anyone ever said moving was easy, they're off their rocker. It is REALLY difficult to coordinate a state-to-state move! Especially when the final dates change, you have one day to find a place to live, you don't know anything about the area, etc. It gave me a new appreciation for those folks that move all over the country (or world, for that matter!) every few years. I pray that, eventually, we have the opportunity to "settle down". Where that will be, I don't know. Home is where you make it, so we'll just have to wait and see, right?

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

You said it, Leigh. It is REALLY difficult to coordinate a state to state move but in your case and luckily, in mine, it will be worth it! I love love love you and cannot wait to catch up soon!