Thursday, August 5, 2010

Our newest additions


The day I left for Indiana, Andy bought our new scooter, which he affectionately calls "The Red Baron". He takes it to work, and says that he gets some pretty interesting looks :-). We've also taken around the neighborhood a couple of times and get lots of smiles every time we pass anyone. It's a fun little thing to have, and definitely great on gas. The last time Andy filled it up, it was under $2!

As Spike and I were coming home from a run this afternoon, we ran into one of the tenants from another building, and she gave us this beautiful flower! I didn't catch the name, so sent a picture to my mom for identification. The woman told me it was a great inside plant, and didn't need much watering. I hope I can keep it alive...

I'm in CR full time now, and it's lovely to see Andy every day! I'm also working at LB, in the mall just up the road from Andy's work. It's really great so far...I'm excited to see what happens! I'm working tomorrow and Saturday, during Iowa's tax free weekend, so I'm being trained by jumping right in. Just the way I like it! At least the shifts will go quickly!

Working part-time is a huge culture shock for me. I didn't realize how easily I get bored until I stopped working full+ time. With the extra time, I've been organizing, cleaning, clearing out...It's nice to have some time to get things done around the house, but I also miss the work. I pray that God has something waiting up his sleeve for me.

Dear Lord, thank you for your provisions. Help us to recognize our blessings as blessings, and not boredom/lack of income/idle time/TV time/nap time. Let your light shine through us, in all that we do. Amen.

1 comment:

Jennyeve said...

Things sound like they are going great in CR for you both. That is awesome! I love the Reb Baron, very economical of you guys and lots of fun I am sure.